Written by: Stacey Champion
If you’re seeking sunshine, adventure and the most beautiful skies you will ever see, Palm Creek Golf & RV Resort (55+) is the place for you. One third of our residents are Canadians, and we pride ourselves on our friendly, welcoming community. A true oasis nestled in the Arizona Sonoran desert, Palm Creek is located in Casa Grande, Ariz., about halfway between Phoenix and Tucson. Casa Grande was founded in 1879 during the Arizona mining boom and was named after the Hohokam ruins located nearby. It is rich in Southwestern history with a charming, small town atmosphere. Palm Creek is a favorite among people looking for world-class amenities with a vibrant social network of active, friendly adults. Average winter temperatures range from nighttime lows of 45 degrees Fahrenheit to mid 70s during the day, making for perfect outdoor activity weather.
With more than 100 hosted activities each week, there’s always something new to learn or see at Palm Creek. Our community describes Palm Creek as "Disneyland for adults." Dancing, parties, games, crafts, sports and dining will keep everyone busy. And our onsite Activities Director is available daily to help you join in the fun. The property boasts an administration and crafts building, swimming pool, activity building, ballroom, arts-and-crafts building and laundry facilities.
If you love golf – you’re in luck! Palm Creek’s challenging Par-3 golf course offers beautiful mountain views as you play nine or 18 holes on our lush greens and fairways. Our Pro Shop is open seven days a week. Residents of Palm Creek also enjoy special reduced rates and can purchase a 10-play value card for an even greater value. Golf clinics are offered from November through January with our own PGA Pro, Mark Kenner, ready to help you hone your skills - whether you’re a beginner or pro.
Palm Creek is also extremely proud of our 24-court, state-of-the-art Pickleball complex! The courts host tournaments, organized play and open play. There are daily games for every skill level. So if you’ve always been interested in Pickleball, you’ll have ample opportunity to play.
Looking for an adventure? You can join one of our scheduled outings or trek off on your own to hundreds of unique attractions and destinations that are all within a day’s drive from Palm Creek.
- Tucson, AZ – 1-hour drive. Explore the arts and culture. Check out Reid Park Zoo, the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum and Pima Air and Space Museum, just to name a few.
- Bisbee, AZ – 3-hour drive. Explore “the Queen of the Copper Camps.” The largest city in between St. Louis and San Francisco in the early 1900s, Bisbee was one of the richest mineral sites in the world, producing nearly three million ounces of gold and more than eight billion pounds of copper.
- Phoenix, AZ – 1-hour drive. Explore the sixth largest city in the U.S. Visit the Desert Botanical Garden, the Phoenix Symphony, Heard Museum, Phoenix Art Museum, Arizona Science Center, or enjoy many hiking and biking trails throughout the area.
- Jerome, AZ – 3-hour drive. An old mining town on a mountainside. The current population is about 400. Jerome is in the heart of the Verde Valley, one of Arizona’s growing wine-making regions. So grab your glass and come taste our local terroir.
- Sedona, AZ – 3-hour drive. Explore the Red Rocks. Sedona is home to some of the most beautiful scenery in the state. Shopping, dining and hiking are all favorite pastimes for Sedona visitors. Or get adventurous with a jeep tour, hot air balloon trip or red rock helicopter tour!
- Flagstaff, AZ – 3.25-hour drive. Explore the high country. Up in the pines and surrounded by the San Francisco Peaks (12,633 feet/3,851 meters), Flagstaff is home to the famous Route 66 as well as winter skiing and fresh air.
- Grand Canyon, AZ – 4.75-hour drive. Explore one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World. Need we say more?
After you’re done with your escapade through our beautiful state, come home to your Palm Creek oasis to see your friends. Whether you’re looking to stay for a day or a lifetime, choices include RV rates, home rentals and beautiful, comfortable homes for sale up to 1,200 square feet, with 2 bedrooms and 2 baths. We offer a variety of floor plans to fit your lifestyle and a range of price points to fit your budget.
Palm Creek takes great pleasure in our creation of more than just a place; we’ve created a vibrant community and it shows in the reviews.
“This is our fourth year as full-time RVers, and this is, by far, the best park in the country for active adults. … If you can't find friends and something to do at Palm Creek, you better check your pulse.” (RV Park Reviews)
Call now to book a reservation or check us out on our website for our First-time Visitor Specials (Restrictions Apply).
For more information, please visit: http://www.palmcreekgolf.com or call us at 800-421-7004.
Cheryl Mazzacane Aug 30, '12, 2:11 PM