The Whispering Pines/Clinton Indian Band Sports and Recreation Center is developed on approximately 200 acres of land to host and promote a service of entertainment of different events as rodeo's, moto-cross, private parties/activities and conventional gathering.
Current facilities includes; full facility rodeo grounds, 4x4 race track, hall, fully equipped concession facilities, a small playground, and a moto-cross track.
The location of the Sports & Recreation Centre is approximately 33km north of Kamloops, British Columbia on Westsyde Road. This paved secondary highway winds through the beautiful North Thompson Valley by the flowing North Thompson River.
The Sports & Recreation Centre is located within the community of the Whispering Pines / Clinton Indian Band, a member of the Shuswap Nation Terrirtory Bands of British Columbia Interior Region.
We have many possible packages available to suit all needs of recreational activities and special events.
Facilities available at the Sports and Recreation Center entails:
- 120x160 Rodeo Arena
- Complete with Announcers Stand
- Bleachers to seat 300 guests
- Full Concession Facilities
- Heated full facility log washrooms (handicap accessible)
- Hall: Heated 40' x 70', with washroom
- Playground on site for children
Camping and RV Grounds:
- 60 unit campground
- Washroom / Shower Facilities
Moto Cross Track:
- Full moto-cross track located adjacent to the 4 x 4 Track. (In partnership with the Greater Kamloops Motor Cross Association)
- 4 x 4 Track
- Full 4 x 4 track located next to the rodeo facilities. (In partnership with the Kamloops Off Road Racing BC)
- Playgrounds on site (MX side)
- Expansion of existing playground
- Tipi Village
- Multi-purpose Rink
Rental of facilities are the discretion of the Whispering Pines/Clinton Indian Band.